- The original post only has US helplines. I've added UK helplines underneath. It would be great if people could add numbers from everywhere in the world.
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433
- LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743
- Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438
- Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673
- Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272
- Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
- Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253
- Child Abuse: 1-800-422-4453
- UK Helplines:
- Samaritans (for any problem): 08457909090 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childline (for anyone under 18 with any problem): 08001111
- Mind infoline (mental health information): 0300 123 3393 e-mail: email@example.com
- Mind legal advice (for people who need mental-health related legal advice): 0300 466 6463 firstname.lastname@example.org
- b-eat eating disorder support: 0845 634 14 14 (only open Mon-Fri 10.30am-8.30pm and Saturday 1pm-4.30pm) e-mail: email@example.com
- b-eat youthline (for under 25's with eating disorders): 08456347650 (open Mon-Fri 4.30pm - 8.30pm, Saturday 1pm-4.30pm)
- Cruse Bereavement Care: 08444779400 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank (information and advice on drugs): 0800776600
- Drinkline: 0800 9178282
- Rape Crisis England & Wales: 0808 802 9999 1(open 2 - 2.30pm 7 - 9.30pm) e-mail email@example.com
- Rape Crisis Scotland: 08088 01 03 02 every day, 6pm to midnight
- India Self Harm Hotline: 00 08001006614
- India Suicide Helpline: 022-27546669
- Kids Help Phone (Canada): 1-800-668-6868, Free and available 24/7
I do not love a skinny boy.
I love a boy with hands like fire —
I drag him through a broken window
and he tells me that he needs me.
I do not love a skinny boy, just a boy
who can never stay on his feet, a boy
who swallows himself whole every night.
Always shaken. Always empty.
My skinny boy is not broken —
my skinny boy is a monument to the men
that never came before him,
he is the kind of boy you fall for in five minutes, then,
Goddamn it, never again.
My skinny boy doesn’t breathe right —
he chokes on my metaphors and comes up gasping.
He bleeds into my mouth, then asks to do it again.
I call him beautiful and he answers.
I tell him to kiss me and he does.
Skinny boy knows this is only love,
nothing like tender, nothing like gentle.
He tells me
“wreck me like my stomach’s swollen,
kiss me like I’m clean.”
I tell him “boy, you don’t know anything,
you’re worthless without my hands.”
I tell him “boy, I swear, I can’t love you anymore.
But I still can make you scream.”